iBasso DX80 . . impressions and reviews. . and discussion NEW FW: 1.6.0 ** link . . 1st page . . .
May 27, 2017 at 8:54 AM Post #6,437 of 6,795
Just 4 days (or less) till the new DX80 firmware is released, I am looking forward to it!
Improvements in what exactly areas in reference with 1.5.8 ?
I mean if you have heard anything regarding the new fw?

May 29, 2017 at 7:15 AM Post #6,440 of 6,795
Several months ago I had a problem with the unit (battery discharging quickly, even with the unit off). Service fixed it (according to protocol replaced entire logic board, four weeks without player).

Now it started again. Also, at that time, I asked about new firmware and was assured by Paul that release of dx200 would not mean re-focus of iBasso.

Not sure if it makes sense to send the unit to service again or just throw it in a drawer as "obsolete".

Lost trust in iBasso completely. The sound is ok but neither firmware nor hardware worth the money. :frowning2: Very disappointed!

May 29, 2017 at 10:53 AM Post #6,441 of 6,795
Several months ago I had a problem with the unit (battery discharging quickly, even with the unit off). Service fixed it (according to protocol replaced entire logic board, four weeks without player).
Now it started again. Also, at that time, I asked about new firmware and was assured by Paul that release of dx200 would not mean re-focus of iBasso.
Not sure if it makes sense to send the unit to service again or just throw it in a drawer as "obsolete".
Lost trust in iBasso completely. The sound is ok but neither firmware nor hardware worth the money. :frowning2: Very disappointed!

Please email me at paul@ibasso.com. We have a new FW that we are testing.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
May 29, 2017 at 11:22 AM Post #6,442 of 6,795
As others have said. Good purchase.. Now I will advise you on what took me a long while to learn. All music files are not created equal. If you decide that you want to listen to your music at the highest possible quality. Buy it from HD Tracks and none of the others.. That will show you what this player is capable of.

Yes, I frequent HD Tracks looking for music. Haven't bought anything yet, but I will soon. Thanks for the advice, I appreciate it!

May 30, 2017 at 1:34 AM Post #6,444 of 6,795

May 30, 2017 at 4:55 AM Post #6,446 of 6,795
20170530_103925~01.jpg 20170530_103922~01.jpg 20170530_103925~01.jpg 20170530_103922~01.jpg
20170530_103925~01.jpg
20170530_103922~01.jpg
20170530_103925~01.jpg
Did some quick test: playing order seems to be fixed, song counter when off then on works ok.

Still gfx bug in setting screen-> gain, filter , gapless. When you press to change setting, the both backfields of buttons are grey. One should turn black instead. If you exit and enter screen, they're ok.
See attached pics.

Last edited:
May 30, 2017 at 12:16 PM Post #6,447 of 6,795

Totally agree with your POV ! Many users sent their units for a change of battery but the issues returns after a couple of month ! That's why I honestly think that it is rather software than hardware, but even Paul deny it

May 30, 2017 at 12:35 PM Post #6,448 of 6,795
I honestly think that it is rather software than hardware, but even Paul deny it
If it was not a particular number of batteries problem, but a software problem, the number of affected users would be much more. But there is no an evident that (almost) everybody still experience problems with battery. Let's count!

I don't know how many devices iBasso has been sold, but I know that, at the time of writing this, firmware 1.5.8L0 was downloaded 702 times, and 1.5.8L1 was downloaded 670 times. I don't see neither 1372, nor 702 displeased customers with dead batteries here in the forum, where I announce firmware releases!

May 30, 2017 at 12:44 PM Post #6,449 of 6,795
Totally agree with your POV ! Many users sent their units for a change of battery but the issues returns after a couple of month ! That's why I honestly think that it is rather software than hardware, but even Paul deny it
Did some quick test: playing order seems to be fixed, song counter when off then on works ok.

Still gfx bug in setting screen-> gain, filter , gapless. When you press to change setting, the both backfields of buttons are grey. One should turn black instead. If you exit and enter screen, they're ok.
See attached pics.
Please use our Batch Tool to load a FW. The problem you describe I can not replicate and have tried this on a few of our test DX80s.

May 30, 2017 at 12:47 PM Post #6,450 of 6,795
We have sold many 1000s of DX80s and since making a battery change have not had issues with the battery. We get a request from time to time now for a battery change because a customer has a DX80 that has a battery from the affected lot but they are few now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back